Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Statistics!

Two men in the past two days have referred to me an article about the number of women in the U.S. who are single. Here's the link Tyler sent me.

According to this research, 51% of women in the U.S. are living single, without a spouse. Okay, that doesn't say how many are cohabiting, and it doesn't say how many are lesbian, and it doesn't break it out by age range. But it all comes down to the same thing: as we age, there are more of us competing for a ever-decreasing number of men.

When you look at the number of men and factor out those who are gay and then factor out those who are simply untrainable (can't dress, can't pick up after themselves, live in houses with a ½" coating of dust), there are damned few available men!

It's a discouraging statistic, but then I've never been big on statistics. I took Statistics 101 at Florida Technological University back in 1969 or 1970. I think I attended the first class and the last class and somehow still pulled a C out of that hat.

I still have hope there's a nice man somewhere out there who will appreciate quality when he sees it.

3 comments:

Traveler said...

Hey! I like my 1/2" of dust. It adds a comfortable ambiance to the house. Dust motes rolling across the floor make me think of tumbleweeds in the great outdoors without actually being outdoors.

Traveler

jc said...

You lie! I've seen your house. The only dust in your house is 'cause you're tearing up the kitchen floor, one square inch at a time. And you dress yourself quite well, thank you very much.

Traveler said...

No.....THANK YOU! :-)