Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Addiction of Online Dating

I've said it before and I'll say it again: online dating is addictive. Why does a man keep looking every day when what he's got in his hand is clearly better than any two in the bush? It's the excitement of seeing what new person has looked at your profile, how many new people have looked at your profile. It's the thrill of the unknown.

I have totally withdrawn from the world of online dating. I no longer have a profile posted on any site. And, truthfully, I miss it. Not that anything was happening there. The only men looking at me were totally age-inappropriate geezers with nose hair in Podunk, Iowa, or Outer Nowhere, Oklahoma. But still. The excitement of logging on to see if, hope against hope, Mr. Right had finally found me.

Alas, Mr. Right is a figment of my imagination.

No comments: