Monday, September 08, 2008

Talent and Art Everywhere You Look

I was going to talk about music today, but then a Cleveland area woman I follow on Twitter tweeted about an incredible book blog that I just had to share with you.

Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Go look. I think you'll agree with me that it's fabulous.

And while we're chatting about books and writing, I'll tell you I sent off my submission to Real Simple's Life Lessons Essay Contest last night, with big thanks to Lucy for her edits; to Five Husbands, Tyler and PianoLady for reading and sending me their comments; and to BA for suggesting it in the first place. This is the first time I've submitted something I've written to a national magazine. I'm excited just to have stepped up to the challenge, picked a topic, and limited myself to 1500 words on any topic! The winner will be announced in early January.

No comments: