Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Remembering Things You Missed

Today was the most absolutely gorgeous day I've seen in forever. There was a thunderstorm last night while I was sleeping. The lightning woke me and I lay here enjoying it while going back to sleep.

I've mentioned how one longs for rain when living in the desert. Being able to sleep with the windows open in early September, with the temperature dropping to the mid- to low-60s, and the added treat of rain is just heavenly.

I drove through bands of rain on the way to work this morning. By the time I got to Akron, the rain had mostly stopped and the temperature was about 65 degrees. Three of us drove over to Subway for lunch as the lunchroom was being used for a photo shoot and we couldn't go in. We walked outside and I marveled at the blue sky and 70 degree temps.

When I got off work, the temperature was around 71 and the sky was clear blue. I went to the first rehearsal of the Akron Symphony Chorus and sat in the First United Methodist Church, looking through the sheer curtains at the dusk. Pretty soon I could see the quarter moon. Crisp, clear, autumn sky.

Now I remember how much I love fall. I love the crispness in the air. I love the bounce in my step. I love wearing long sleeves and sweaters and the briskness. It makes me smile.

Summer makes me drip. Winter makes me shiver. Fall makes me smile.

1 comment:

TJ said...

You're lucky. I was woken up by yet another dream of my ex-girlfriend.