Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh, What A Storm!

This morning I was very thankful for my gym membership. It meant I could get a hot shower in a well-lighted room, and dry my hair with an electric dryer.

Hurricane Ike hit us hard last night. Terrific winds started up around 5:00 or 6:00. Around 8:15 the power went out. Of course Tyler and I were both online in the middle of projects. I walked across the street, where power had not been interrupted, but couldn't find WiFi that wasn't security-enabled. I think we need a database of Northside WiFi for just such an occurrence.

The power blinked once during the night, but this morning was still out. So I grabbed my clothes and makeup, and headed for Akron.

I'm hopeful that we'll have power again by the time I get home. You don't realize how much you rely on electricity (and WiFi) until you don't have it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sitting in a coffee shop while my home sits a few blocks away in velvet darkness. 29 plus hours yet and they say in may be "awhile" longer. I saw a truck in the neighborhood so I am hopeful tonight will yet see light.

Jan Crews said...

We were out 22 hours. I passed six trucks caravaning west out of Youngstown as I headed back into town at 7:00 this evening.

Jeannie said...

We had some tree damage and power outages too in Ontario but only for a few hours and during the middle of the night. I lay in my bed and listened to the winds howl and the rain pelt and all I could think was about all those poor people in Texas ... :-(