Friday, September 12, 2008

A Portent of Winter Drives

This morning's commute was the worst since the snowstorm of March 7th. I drove through bands of rain, and when it was raining, it was pouring. Heavy, driving rain. I hydroplaned on numerous bridges, and frequently couldn't see 20-30 yards in front of me.

All I could think of was a winter full of this daily commute.

Did I mention that my new cube-mate drives from Mansfield? Her drive was equally horrific.

(Whispering into the VH atmosphere: telecommute, telecommute, telecommute.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a similar experience on our road trip back to NY from Myrtle Beach. For the 1-1/2 hrs. I was behind the wheel, I drove through "white-out" type rain in North Carolina, where the majority of people pulled to the side of the road and the car ahead of me had red taillights like 2 tiny, tiny microdots......It was extremely scary and I kept saying to Karl, "I can't see...I can't see..."