Saturday, September 27, 2008

Coming In Second

My phone vibrated in my pocket during the movie last night. The half hour until I could check my voicemail was one of the longest half hours in recent memory. The realtor's message said it didn't look good. When I called him back, he said the news from the listing agent was not clear, but sounded like the bank had accepted the other party's counter-offer.

He's going to check back today and let me know for sure.

I suggested to Tyler that I could pick up a house on the next street that has had all the pipes ripped out and is listed for $40K. I could pay $25K or so restore it to its former glory. Tyler's response: "Mom, you're not a pioneer. You're a princess." Oops. I guess my son knows me too well.

It looks like my housing plans are on hold for the time being.

2 comments:

Ypsi said...

I'm sorry stuff didn't work out with the house... I don't suppose you'd be interested in checking out a few houses on my street?

Keep on; you never know what may happen!

Jan Crews said...

Hey - are you just trying to get the resident grandma closer to your house?