Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gray, Wet, Miserable

Yesterday was the Grey to Green Festival at Wick Park. I'm afraid the organizers didn't get quite the turnout they had hoped for, and it's a shame. A lot of planning went into this event to focus attention on bringing more recycling and future-focus to the area. Had the skies not opened, it would have been a fabulous event.

Jaci was there all day in a crafts booth, making tissue paper butterflies with the young 'uns. Ty and the babes and I went around noon. It was pouring. We stayed about an hour and a half and my all-weather coat was completely wet by the time we left. I guess I'm going to have to break down and invest in a real raincoat.

There were lots of unused household items we wanted to take to the Drop 'n' Shop booth, but just not worth the effort in the torrential rain. I hope someone will host a Drop 'n' Shop booth again on a non-rainy weekend.

Again, kudos to the organizers. I hope this is the First Annual, and that next year a stinking hurricane won't dampen the event.

No comments: