Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's My Line?

My cyber-soon-to-be-real friend Barbara suggested it was time to change the title of my blog from "Living Single in the Desert". She sent me a list of suggested titles, none of which really resonated with me (and none of which I can find right now to share with you).

Yesterday as I was driving, I came up with "Pushing Sixty: Random musings of a middle-aged Southern Belle." But does that work? Can I still be a Southern Belle if I'm living in Ohio? Am I a Midwestern Belle? But then I looked up the definition of Midwest, and it's west of the Ohio River which, technically, Youngstown is not.

(Remember how Frank always says we intelligent women overthink things?)

I'll be 58 in June. Do I want to admit to pushing sixty? Or does that simply imply that I move at the speed of light? Mr. Match always said our relationship had moved at the speed of heat. "Life at the Speed of Light"? "Life at the Speed of Heat"?

I watched my beloved CBS Sunday Morning this morning for the first time in about three months. (Yea to having TV access again.) In this Oscar-focused episode, they interviewed Jessica Lange, who will be 59 in April. Does she look old or do I look young? Did/does she smoke? Could that account for all the wrinkles and folds in her face? I drink lots of water, have never smoked, try to eat fairly healthfully, and guard against the sun. One of the only things I know about my birthmother is that she looked younger than her age, so I guess I've got good genes. (Those are random thoughts on pushing 60!)

Am I aging rather than middle-aged? My birthmother lived to be 85, which would make middle-age 40-60? If so, am I then "elderly" at 61? Nah.

So I'm throwing this topic open to discussion. Tell me what you think the title and subtitle of this blog should be. I will use the one I like best, or come up with my own if they all stink. The prize? Your suggested title featured on my blog. Woo hoo. Who could ask for anything more?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo - I made your blog... and you really didn't like Ogling in Ohio? :)

Traveler said...

Title: Pushing Life

A panoply of a woman's life experiences.

Traveler said...

Title: Pushing Life

A panoply of personal experiences in a woman's life.