Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sharing Old Stuff

I'm a packin' fool today, trying to see how far I can get in a several-hour span, between a fabulous brunch at Hacienda del Sol with the Traveler this morning and dinner at Applebee's with my dear friends and former neighbors, David and LaVerne, tonight.


I came across a cartoon from the early John years that was particularly meaningful to us, the grasshopper and the ant, the geek and the wished-he-could-be-a-geek.



Next is a photo from Tyler's early years in Youngstown. This photo was taken at the Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport. Scott had come up to see one of Tyler's productions at the Youngstown Playhouse. I believe he had flown up from Dallas and I had driven from Washington. I think this was the fall or winter of 1995. On the back of the photo I have written that Scott was 22 and Tyler was 20. Scott will have to add a comment here if he remembers what the play was. I'm fairly certain this was taken post-marriage #3 (notice my smile) and as John and I were getting back together prior to our marriage (oh, maybe that's the real reason for the smile!).

1 comment:

TJ said...

As I recall, I saw Cabaret and Pinafore at Interlochen, and only West Side Story in Youngstown. I could, however, be mistaken.