Monday, February 25, 2008

Travelogue - Night 3

I have now driven 1600 miles and I'm tired of driving. I have no insightful comments or clever anecdotes today. I left Dallas around 9:30 this morning and am now in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I've stopped for gas twice, had both a morning snack and lunch at McDonald's, and a bag of white cheddar popcorn for dinner. You want my life, don't you?



There have been two unique facets to today: Rudi rode for a while on the top of the crate and there's no Residence Inn in Tuscaloosa. I had called ahead to the La Quinta, remembering past good experiences at that chain. But when I drove up to the La Quinta along I-20, it looked way to dive-y to want to stay there. So it's Ramada Inn tonight — only $75 for the room and $25 cleaning fee for allowing the cat in the room. He immediately went for the highest point in the room, and is happily grooming himself and chilling out.



Tomorrow I will see my mother in the afternoon. I made these plans willingly, right? Oh well.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Rudi sure is a happy cat. HOpe you visit in Dallas went well.

Remember those four little arms that are waiting for you.

xoxojill

Traveler said...

You should try Holiday Inn Express. I've found them to uniformly be pretty nice. And, the next day you are the BEST driver on the road!

Traveler