Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Places I Don't Want To Live

Whenever I travel, I imagine what it would be like to live in that city. Many areas have gotten the thumbs-up from me, especially areas in New England and throughout Europe.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, gets the thumbs-down! Just an hour of watching the morning news and flipping through the channels on the television tells you a lot about an area.

I don't think I've ever seen so many religious channels on one cable system! And the commercials. The one I just saw was a slight man sitting a horse. "Hello. I'm attorney Joe Blow and this is my horse." Did he just do that so he could write off the care and feeding of his horse?

Travelogue note: bad storm overnight and I'll be driving in rain this morning. But it's not ice and it's not snow. The weather report on the Today Show right now is the storm in Cleveland, so it's affirming my choice not to take the northern route. The weather report is making me glad I drove as far east as I did yesterday. I have 394 miles to drive today, but I won't be able to make the speed I have thus far.

Rudi was up and meowing much of the night, which is unusual for him. I did not get a good night's sleep and will be crashing as soon as I get to Mother's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good choice on not going north! Joel told me that Kent State cancelled classes today... they usually stay open when public schools close! Happy trails!!!