Saturday, February 09, 2008

Girls' Night Out

On the list of farewell events was brunch at Kris Thompson's with my Girls' Night Out group. Jill, Mary, Susan and I met when we all worked at the Tucson Symphony together. Oh, let me restate. We survived working at the TSO.

By Kris's pool with the Catalina Mountains in the background: Back row - Jan, Jill, Debra, Mary; Front row, Susan, Kris and Bailey.

Debra is getting married in June to a man she met online. She gives me credit for this engagement after I suggested to her posting a profile on JDate.com.

Kris and Debra were their friends from the old days working at the University of Arizona. They adopted me into their group, and we have shared many enjoyable Friday nights over drinks while Jill's husband played poker.

Kris hosted brunch at her lovely Foothills home. Kris and Susan and Mary scrambled and cut and baked and served fabulous food. I couldn't stop eating the chocolate chip mini-muffins. And Kris wisely placed a pack of tissues at every place.

These women have been wonderful, supportive friends since we met in December of 2003. I will miss them enormously. I am thankful for the Internet and e-mail.

1 comment:

Jill said...

We have had a lot of fun together. You will be greatly missed but you know you will always be in our hearts and on the web. We will toast you each time we get together.

xoxojill