Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bouquets of Sharpened Crayons

I love the movie "You've Got Mail." Just simply love it. Watch it over and over. It fosters my hope that someday I'll find another wonderful man to enhance my life.

In one of the early e-mail exchanges between Joe (Tom Hanks) and Kathleen (Meg Ryan), Joe writes, "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

Today I received a virtual bouquet of sharpened crayons. One of my cyberfriends on my "Design Outside the Lines" listserve wrote me that she lives in Cleveland and she can't wait to meet me and have fiber playdates.

And here I was worried about how I was going to make new friends and replace my Tucson friends and activities.

I won't arrive in Ohio for another three-and-a-half weeks, and already I'm making connections.

Color me smiling.

No comments: