Saturday, October 06, 2007

Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose

The concert was fabulous. At the end I turned to my friend Gail and said, "that was just over an hour." Gail's response? "Well, she's 67!"

I was terrifically impressed with the music director and pianist, Kathy Rubico. The highlight of my evening? Meeting Ms. Rubico as I arrived at the reception.

The other highlight was when the president of the university and his wife both came across the room to thank me for playing. And Jill told me he told her that he felt the background piano added greatly to the event.

I did not meet Dionne Warwick, but did see her across the crowded Green Room and she is a tiny little thing. She comes across, both on stage and across the room, as a lady. Simply, a lady.

As Jill and I parted, I told her I didn't meet Miss Warwick, but I met the woman I really wanted to meet.

1 comment:

Jill said...

DW was the star of the show, BUT you my dear were there star of the Green Room party. Everyone loved you!! and ofcourse I head that list.