Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Body is Not My Friend

Pity the poor PianoLady who lived with me for three days last weekend and saw too closely my hourly hot flashes where I start mopping my brow and ripping off clothes. And she ate many meals with me where I acted like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" every time I placed an order. Hold this, hold that.

I'm having a hard time in rehearsals for the show that previews tonight and opens tomorrow night. In the middle of playing some complex piece of music (and there's a freaking lot of complex music in this show!), I'll suddenly feel overwhelmed with heat and try to maintain my concentration on the music while I figure out how to take some clothes off.

Last night between numbers I stood up and put my jacket on again. Robert looked at me and said, "What is it? First you're hot and then you're cold." I told him I no longer have a thermostat.

He smartly replied, "You need to get in touch with your inner thermostat."

I smiled.

No comments: