Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mercury in Retrograde

Over the past week four different friends have made statements to me about Mercury being "retrograde in Jupiter." I don't follow astrology, and had not a clue what that meant. So I asked the meaning of this situation to me.

They all said it means, among other things, that communications would be totally messed up until around November 1st.

I'm becoming a believer. All communications at the office have been insane for the past week or so. Even with my best buddy, Ed, one of us will make a perfectly routine statement to the other and the recipient just doesn't get the meaning or intent.

On a personal, holding-my-sides-laughing note, yesterday I pinged Tyler, "my nano died. :-(" Thinking I was talking about some beloved grandmother, he pinged back, "did I know your nano?" After a beat, he pinged again, "oh, your ipod nano."

I laughed about that all day. (BTW, I never had any grandparents. Even if I had, they'd all be 115-120 now.)

So just watch what you say for the next couple of weeks.

No comments: