Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hot Town. Autumn in the City.

I'll just give you a quick travelogue after a terrific day, as I'm about to fall asleep.

Cheryl and I woke up and chatted for a while, then she went down to the gym and I got ready for the day. When she got back and cleaned up, we headed over to Rockefeller Center and went up to Top of the Rock. It was an incredibly gorgeous fall day, brilliant blue skies with a few puffy white clouds. We probably spent 45 minutes on the observation deck, reveling in the view. I bought a disposable camera and took probably 20 shots up there, including a handful looking towards Kings Point so I can send them to T.J., who spent two years at the Merchant Marine Academy.

Then Cheryl wanted to go to Border's and thought one was four blocks away. Alas, it was much farther, and my feet were hurting more with every step. We splurged on a cab to run us back to the Marriott to check out after she bought her CDs.

After checking out, we stowed our bags and went to Olive Garden for salad and breadsticks. Then we went back to the Marriott to the Marquis Theatre for The Drowsy Chaperone.

This show was a total hoot. As the theatre goes to dark and you're waiting for the spots to come on and the curtain to rise, it stays dark and you hear this voice, who keeps talking in the dark. Funnier and funnier, just a clever show, great sets, cute choreography, funny lines. I had my apprehension going into this show, but was very glad we had these tickets.

After the show we went to the top of the Marriott to the View Lounge and sat for one hour while the lounge made a complete revolution and we saw the skyline all the way around. Fabulous!

Then we made our way to the train station and came back out to Hawthorne, arriving at 7:30. Cheryl's devoted husband was waiting for us. We dropped him back at the house and then went out to get something to eat.

We both said it seemed like we had been gone for three days, even though it was only about thirty hours.

I'll share some more anecdotes over the next few days, but right now I have zero energy to share with you!

G'night.

1 comment:

Traveler said...

Good night Jan. Pleasant dreams.