Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What Do I Really, Really, Really Want?

Oprah hosted Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of the phenomenon "Eat, Pray, Love", the other day. I tend to shy away from books that become phenomena as this has. But that many people reading it, and that many weeks on the bestseller lists, makes some kind of statement.

One action Ms. Gilbert takes each day, first thing in the morning, is to write in her journal the answer to "What do I really, really, really want?" She says just one "really" won't get it. It needs to be something you're passionate about. And I believe she also instructed that it be written in the present tense, as an affirmation.

I was toying with this after hearing her speak. I think the best way for me to state what I want, really-really-really, is: "I am involved in the Youngstown renaissance movement."

Ideally, this will involve living and working in Youngstown and seeing les bebes on a weekly (at least) basis (as needed by Ty and Jaci). But really, if I am unable to relocate for a year, that has to be alright. I need to be patient and believe it's all going to work out.

One foot in front of the other.

Vertical and facing forward.

No comments: