Friday, October 05, 2007

New Music Friday

I've started listening to Pandora. This is a great way to become familiar with music I might not otherwise be exposed to.

You can set up a "station" based on music you like, and Pandora will determine the characteristics of that music and play other songs that share characteristics with your choice. I have stations for Singers Unlimited, The New Christy Minstrels, Josh Groban, Jane Olivor, Chicago, Michael Franks and Regina Carter. (I never said my musical tastes weren't eclectic!)

While listening to the Regina Carter station, a song that popped up was Pavane (based on Ravel's Pavane pour une Infante Defunte [Pavane for a Dead Princess]) performed by Arild Andersen with Vassilis Tsabropoulos and John Marshall. The album is The Triangle, and the music is absolutely yummy.

It's on iTunes if you want to sample it. Great jazz!

1 comment:

Traveler said...

I didn't know you like the New Christy Minstrels. One of my all time sing along favorites from them:

"Green green it's green they say, on the far side of the hill.

Green green I'm going away, to where the grass is greener still."