Friday, September 14, 2007

Today's Mood: Annoyed

Facebook offers lots of little applications (applets) a person can add to his or her profile, everything from a map of all the places you've visited to a face that will display your mood-of-the-day.

I haven't added the mood applet, but my mood today is annoyed. At one person: Mr. Match. He called Tuesday night from Dallas, when I was reeling under a triple migraine attack, and asked if I'd like to have dinner on Friday night. I said yes. I like him, he's an enjoyable man. But his dating practices (or lack thereof) are wearing thin.

While I was sitting in Beyond Bread last night, my cell rang with Mr. Match's distinctive ringtone. (When my musical buddy Eric heard Mr. Match's ringtone one evening, he stated he wants his own ringtone. It will have to be something very classy. And choral.) I answered in the noise that is always Beyond Bread, and heard him say "Wanna buck?" Well, silly me, so overwhelmed with money issues at this time in my life, I thought he was offering to buy my dinner. Then he said, "I can't believe I said that" and I realized he didn't say "buck".

Men! All you single men over 50 are just stupid. Stoopid! You think once you've shared a bed with a woman, no matter how far in the past or how well/poorly, you're always welcome to jump right back into that bed again. You're not!

Let me get off my high horse and say it in my best Southern drawl: Darlin', don't ever presume you can take my clothes off without workin' at it.

I e-mailed him last night, after I knew he was sleeping in his hotel in Dallas, and told him we had something wonderful once but that was a long time ago and if he thought he wanted to start seeing me again it would have to involve more than a solitary phone call every two weeks.

Trust me, it won't happen. It's too damned much work for him.
(His daughter is reading this and nodding her head vigorously.)

1 comment:

TJ said...

Oooh, a map? I've gotta go find it now! I LOVE travelling!