Monday, August 18, 2008

Wordsmiths vs. Geeks

On Thursday the door from the break area into the hall (i.e., to the restrooms) broke. The building management affixed a handwritten sign saying:


"This door is broke."

The Virtual Hold trainer, Dale, who is an excellent proofreader and editor, and I grabbed our red markers and changed the "broke" to "broken". Later on in the day, we noticed that the sign on the outside of the door had been amended to read "But it has lots of money."

By Friday afternoon, the sign on the outside of the door had been replaced with a new sign:


My buddy James said it was all Dale's and my fault. He said the developers don't like the writers who always want everything to be write, er, right.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I think there's a culture clash somewhere...

Lucy said...

I'm actually a fan of sign #3. It's got a serial killer/unibomber/if cats could write kind of flavor.