Monday, August 11, 2008

Kicking and Screaming

My house is mad at me, it seems. I'm not one to anthropomorphize a house, but I seriously think my sweet little mid-town charmer is seeking revenge.

(On a side note, I had to sit through a very long and boring class today on writing scripts for the Nortel Contact Center Manager Server. The instructor kept referring to the server as "she". I wanted to punch him. The server is not a woman. It's a fricking piece of metal and wire and gears and ones and zeroes!)

Anyway, back to my house that now hates me. As if you could forget, tomorrow morning the nice folks at USAA are going to wire a little less than $44,000 to the title company in Tucson. This morning my realtor called to tell me there was water spewing all over my roof from the air conditioning compressor/condenser/machine/box/whatever. I called the nice gal at Desert West, who thought she was never going to hear from me again. She sent her serviceman out, who found that the other realtor had already removed my hidden key. Fortunately, everything could be fixed by climbing onto the roof and my throwing one hundred fifteen more dollars at the problem.

I've never had a house hate me before. It's not enjoyable. It's been going on since December 31, 2007. And there are only three more days that I will own this house! Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.

No comments: