Friday, August 08, 2008

Seriously? Am I Depressed?

Am I seriously depressed?

I updated my Facebook profile this morning. I looked at my activities. It included "Pi Beta Phi, Blossom Festival Chorus, The City Choir of Washington". I wiped them all out and inserted "Work, Commute, Laundry, Sleep".

There's something seriously wrong with my picture.

The Northside All-Adult Pool Party (No, not that kind of all-adult pool party) is tonight and I should go to try to meet some people and I don't have the energy to go. I think I'll just go home and baby-sit so Tyler and Jaci can go.

I'm thinking maybe I'll just be the Widow Grandma for the rest of my life. How does that sound?

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

It sounds my dear dear friend that you need to read your thought provoking blog from yesterday and your fortune cookie again! In case you have forgotten:

"The best times of your life have not yet been lived."

I hope you kept that and laminate and keep it somewhere where you can read it again and again!

Keep yer chin up, this too shall pass!!

love and hugs,
me

Unknown said...

It "sounds" like you are overwhelmed, incredibly frustrated by where you are in your life's journey and also very angry. Who can blame you.

What I wish for you is that you don't stay in that place. Put Pi Beta Phi and Blossom Festival Chorus, etc., etc. back on your Facebook profile and delight in the joyful things that you love so much. Put all your focus on everything that IS going right and make you smile from the inside out, starting with those precious grandkids. Write down 5 things every day you are grateful for and soon more and more good things will come your way. And wouldn't it be the icing on the cake if that fortune cookie comes true!

The positive guru has spoken! Love and hugs from Florida and I'll see you in a few weeks!