Sunday, August 03, 2008

Take Your Parent to Work

Last Tuesday I was fortunate to be able to work from home rather than drive the sixty miles to the office. I shared Tyler's commodious office on the third floor.

I've known for some time that his job had changed some when his company transferred him from the Tucson office to the Alexandria, VA, office so he could telecommute from his new Youngstown home. But I didn't know exactly how the job had changed. I try to be a good mother-of-adults and not ask too many questions, rather letting my kids offer the information they think I need or they want me to know.

Let me tell you, sharing office space for a day is an eye-opener. I now fully understand the times he falls asleep on the couch at 8:00 p.m. or sits at dinner, headache-in-hands.

I highly recommend accompanying your child to the office for a day! A visit is worth a thousand words.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yes it is wonderful to truly understand what our kids are going through. Now how about that working from home for you one or two days a week on a regular basis??

xoxojill