Saturday, August 09, 2008

I'm a Good Girl, I Am

Last night, on children's orders, I went to the North Side All-Adult Pool Party. It was time for me to make my own friends and stop borrowing my kids' friends.

The pool on the north side (it has a name but I don't remember it) is a big fancy pool, and there are lots of residents on the north side. There could easily have been 200 people in attendance. I was panic-stricken before leaving the house. Seriously. My stomach was tied in knots. I hate*hate*hate going to parties where I don't know anyone.

There were eight people there. I already knew three of them. The two I had met at the Italian Fest downtown last week graciously introduced me to everyone else, and we all laughed about my kids telling me I had to get my own friends. And those who had worked in Akron in the past told stories of commuting to jobs afar.

It's a small world.

No comments: