Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Omniscient Tooth Fairy


Does anyone know how Tooth Fairies are assigned their jurisdictions? I know the one who visits Emily C. and gives out Webkinz (What's the plural of Webkinz? Webkinzs? Webkinzz?) isn't the same one who comes to our house, so maybe it's by city or maybe it's by zip code or school district. It couldn't possibly be one lone Tooth Fairy who handles all those newly fallen teeth, just as God (or General Tso, if you caught my post the other day) couldn't hear and act upon all the prayers that are uttered in a single day.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on the really above and beyond T.F. that did the honors for Boston last week. See the new gap he has—his left, your right, in the photo? He's been worrying that tooth for a while now, trying to encourage it along. It finally came out on Thursday.

When he woke up on Friday morning, under his pillow was a small jewelry-size ziploc bag containing four shiny quarters and a button for Boston's Button Bottle. Now really, how on earth could that Tooth Fairy have known how much joy that almost-seven-year-old boy would have gotten from one beautiful 1.5" button?!

I hope that Tooth Fairy never gets a promotion to a new district, 'cause he or she is, quite simply, inspired!

<One more story: on>
Okay, while I'm sharing with you what a special little guy my Boston is, I'll tell you another precious thing he said this weekend. Jaci was off shooting a wedding on Saturday night and Tyler was busy writing, so I had primary kid duty. We talked a lot on Saturday morning about Boston's birthday party logistics, and then the babes and I ran errands trying to find cups, plates, favors, and so on for the chosen theme of Harry Potter. In the evening, I was setting the babes up to watch a movie. Ridley chose "Happy Feet," but I was having a difficult time getting it to run.

Boston said, "I know, let's watch 'Hello, Dolly'." Then he started humming one of the musical numbers. I told him I had already sent the DVD back to Netflix. We both continued humming the song while I continued fiddling with "Happy Feet." Then he came over to me and said, "I guess I couldn't have a "Hello, Dolly" birthday party, huh?" At that moment I wanted to sweep him off his feet, twirl him around, and kiss every inch of his beautiful face. He and his sister are just incredibly sweet, naive and innocent, wonderful children, and their parents deserve gold medals for the fabulous job they're doing. And I may be the tiniest bit prejudiced, but I would walk over coals in my bare feet for both of them. I'd go to his "Hello, Dolly" birthday party any day.

By the way, I brought about ten boxes marked "Sewing Room Items" home from the storage unit over the weekend, and in one of them I found, Ta Da, my copy of "Hello, Dolly"! I think there's another movie night in our near future.
<One more story: off>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dolly is an AWESOME birthday theme. Considering we just had a "brown" "soccer ball" "spongebob" party though, Im not sure that Im the standard you want to measure by....