Thursday, August 14, 2008

Assets and Liabilities

My Assets include, in no particular order:
  • a wide smile
  • enormous hazel eyes
  • legs that stretch all the way to the floor
  • children who appreciate, love, and respect me
  • grandchildren who adore me and think I can sew anything they rip
  • perfect pitch
  • a plethora of interesting, supportive and devoted friends
  • the most loving cat in the world
  • a mother in darned good health for 95
  • a car I love, which is a good thing, as I drive at least 120 miles a day in it
  • a good job that pays the bills
  • a sweet little 1.6 acre lot high in the Smoky Mountains


My Liabilities include:
  • a helluva lotta debt
  • a fear of abandonment


Look at the lists again. What didn't you see? As of 7:00 p.m. EDT, 8/14/08, my assets included no houses and my liabilities included no mortgages.

The great Crews Real Estate Sell-Off of 2008 is complete.

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

And so that chapter is closed and a new one begins!! CONGRATS!!

hugs,
me

Jill said...

So glad that that day is finally here!!! hugs, Jill

Lucy said...

"grandchildren who adore me and think I can sew anything they rip"

Uhm, did you see Boston's red shirt yet? LOL.

Jan Crews said...

Oh, yeahhhhhh. It was the first thing he showed me when he got home last night. Something about climbing a tree? "Grandma, it's my best shirt that I always wear with these pants." It's next on my list of mending.