Monday, May 12, 2008

A Salute to the Traveler

Bon voyage to The Traveler, my friend Lee, who has completed the first leg of his annual Run for the Wall. He left a message for me a few minutes ago telling me he was in San Diego with his buddy David. Tomorrow they will ride up to Los Angeles and register, and Wednesday they'll start riding toward D.C.

My next Amazing Adventure will be meeting up with Lee in D.C. a week from Friday, then sightseeing and eating and having fun in my favorite city in the whole United States. Tentative plans are to knock around Old Town Alexandria, including a visit to the Torpedo Factory, then a boat ride across the Potomac to National Harbor. I'm thinking about Shear Madness at the Kennedy Center for Saturday night. Sunday morning I think we'll get a continental breakfast someplace and take it up Rock Creek Parkway for a little picnic. Or maybe out to Great Falls or the C&O Canal Towpath. Maybe Sunday will conclude with the concert in back of the Capitol.

He knows he would be hard-pressed to find a guide who loves Washington DC more than I.

Ride Safe, Lee.

No comments: