Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to Normal

I've been head-down since arriving back in Ohio. I neglected to let Faithful Readers know I was safely back at home.

Monday morning was another gorgeous day in DC. I picked up Lee and David, along with Charlie from L.A., who, I am sure, is a consummate scoundrel with the ladies. We went to Silver Diner for breakfast (yummy sweet potato and pecan pancakes), after which I dropped them back at the Westin and said good-bye.

Then I went to Risa's, where we sat on the patio in the fabulous weather and caught up on our lives for almost two hours.

After saying good-bye to Risa, I headed up to the old 'hood in Gaithersburg and had lunch and sudoku at Panera, gassed up the car, then started driving.

I had seen or been seen by a semi-retired architect on Match. He has business in Canton, OH, on a regular basis and lives north of Somerset, PA. He had suggested we meet in Somerset when I was driving through. So we spent an hour over a snack at Ruby Tuesday's, and then I headed home, arriving around 8:00.

The Architect is a nice man, nice looking, seemingly laid-back and quiet. He offered the story of how his marriage broke up. He came home to a note on the pillow and an absent wife.

I have heard a number of similar stories in my long and sordid dating history. Honestly, as these stories come back to mind, I wonder how men who have been burned in this manner can have any interest at all in dating.

Oooh, oooh. Did I just break the code? They really have no interest in dating, but they play at dating on the Internet so they can get back at the entire class of women?

I believe that's a question for better philosophers or psychologists than I.

No comments: