Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tyler

This morning I Googled "May 6 birthdays" so I could tell you what other luminaries were born today other than my Tyler.

I love that so many creative people share his birthday. Tyler is a musician, a writer, an actor, a programmer and businessman, . . . . Above all, he is a thinker. I was not taught to think as a child, so I cherish this trait in him. I credit Interlochen Arts Academy for helping shape the man he is. His fellow birthday celebrants I noted were George Clooney, Tom Bergeron, Tony Blair, Bob Seger. Oh, and Sigmund Freud.

TJ/Scott was nine months old when I learned I was pregnant with Tyler. I remember saying to a friend that I didn't know how I would ever love another child as much as I loved Scott. I couldn't imagine dividing the amount of love I possessed, or diluting the relationship I had with Scott. Then Tyler came. He had a number of health issues and required much care and tending. I, who had suffered tension headaches from age 16 and migraines from age 18, empathized with his illnesses and medical conditions, and formed a bond with him that I never could have imagined. Later, when he was nine or so, I was able to see myself in him and found a validation to my life that I had never felt. I feel I was reborn through Tyler.

I'm blessed to have two loving sons who love and respect me.

Happy Birthday, Baby.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Also Gaston Leroux, author of Phantom of the Opera, Orson Welles, and Bob Seger. Unfortunately, I beat Brahms and Tchaikovsky by a day.

Jan Crews said...

Ah, but you're brothers of the heart with Brahms and Tchaikovsky.