Sunday, December 16, 2007

What Was I Thinking?!

I recently added a brown wool Eileen Fisher knit dress to my wardrobe and wanted to wear it to yesterday's Tucson Chamber Artists concert. But I need a slip to keep it from clinging to my legs. So while I was out running errands yesterday, I thought I'd zip into Dillard's and pick up a new non-cling slip.

Oh! My! Gosh! Once I got onto the Tucson Mall property, I hit a dead standstill. I totally forgot that on the weekends, the entire population of Mexico drives to Tucson for two purposes: 1) to hit every garage sale seeing what they can purchase for nexttonothing for resale in Mexico, and 2) to go to Tucson Mall.

As quickly as I could, I found a side exit and left, driving to Buttons 'n' Bolts to pick up a piece of brown lining fabric and some elastic to make a slip. I'll go attend to that as soon as I finish this post so I can wear the dress to this afternoon's concert.

As I was driving to the fabric store, I realized that yesterday was UofA graduation. That meant that all the out-of-town parents were suddenly navigating our streets and the horrible middle turn lane on Campbell. Drivers who are unfamiliar with these turn lanes tend to leave their butts in the driving lane and put only their noses in the turn lane, impeding traffic. Oh, and if they're turning left out of a shopping center, they don't understand that they should cross the two lanes coming from the left and sit in the center lane until the traffic from the right is clear. Leaving Beyond Bread took me about ten minutes until the parent in front of me gave up and turned right.

Ah, the joys of living in a town filled with students and snowbirds!

No comments: