Friday, December 14, 2007

Sorry - Silence

I've been living through the Musician's Hell that is December and have nothing to share that I felt was of interest.

Tonight I'm playing for the partners' holiday party for the law firm of Snell & Wilmer. Tomorrow morning a painter is coming to give me an estimate on painting several rooms, then I have to take the car back to the shop; tomorrow night I have to sell tickets and so on for the Tucson Chamber Artists Christmas concert. Sunday afternoon is the second TCA concert, then my friend Terry's holiday party. Monday night is Tucson Symphony Orchestra Chorus, our piano rehearsal with the conductor for next week's Pops concerts. Tuesday night I have to play for Christian Youth Theatre. Wednesday and Thursday nights are TSOC rehearsals with the orchestra; Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon are the Pops performances. My friend Lee is coming to the Sunday performance, then we'll get a bite to eat, then I have another party to go to. Then the 24th arrives and I might not get out of bed all day.

On Christmas day I'm having dinner with my Pi Phi friend Maureen Mylander and her old beau/new husband. I will be breathing a big sigh of relief and joyous to share this milestone Christmas with Maureen and George.

Hope your holidays are progressing peacefully.

(And I give a public hug here to my friend Bindy, who unexpectedly lost her mother - who was her dear friend - this week. Life is not fair.)

No comments: