Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sweet Babies

As I was buttering my toast this morning, I remembered an anecdote from my last week in Youngstown.

For breakfast, Ridley eats two pieces of toast and drinks a glass of milk. I had fixed her toast one morning. I laid the first slice on the plate, buttered it, then laid the second [warm] slice on top of it to finish melting the butter. Then I buttered the top slice. The butter on the bottom slice deposited some butter onto the underside of the top slice.

I delivered the toast to her at the dining table and she started to eat it. Then she took it to her mother, crying, because I had buttered both sides of the bread.

Watch out, men. Here's a woman who knows what she wants and, by God, she's going to get it or pitch a fit about it.

(To see the most recent photos of my babes, click on the link to Jaci's blog.)

No comments: