Monday, May 28, 2007

Passes and Glasses

Any longtime reader here knows I simply can't understand why there isn't a man who can recognize what a find I am and who wants to have me in his life.

Yesterday as I was navigating Security at the Pittsburgh airport, this cute agent looked me up and down, and teased me about the reading glasses balanced on my head and the sunglasses hanging from the neck of my t-shirt. He said, "You know, men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." I laughed and responded, "Maybe that's my problem."

His lighthearted comment kept me grinning throughout my long trip back to Tucson.

Oh, did I tell you I was supposed to have coffee in the airport with a man from Pittsburgh? Well, he was a no-show. Go figure. Didn't answer my confirming call as I was driving down; never returned my call; no e-mail this morning explaining the absence. I even searched his name in the Pittsburgh paper this morning to see if he had been in a horrific motorcycle accident. Nope.

His loss.

No comments: