Friday, May 25, 2007

Deja vu, all over the floor

After Tyler and Ridley and I got home from our trip to Sam's Club to stock up on supplies and food for last night's party, I opened the back of my rental SUV to start taking things in. Of course everything had shifted, and the party tray of ham 'n' cheese on croissant fall to the ground, falling open and five of them spilling out onto the pavement. We quickly (five-second rule) grabbed them and determined a little fiber from the pavement wouldn't hurt us if we ate the runaway sandwiches for lunch.

This morning I went to the basement to grab a couple of the whole wheat rolls out of the freezer to have for breakfast. The cheap cellophane bag in which Sam's Club had packaged the rolls broke open and about six of the rolls fell to the floor of the basement, where the dogs spend each night. I declined to eat these, instead immediately depositing them in the garbage can.

This reminded me of an incident in Sarasota, where Terry and I lived when TJ and Tyler were 3-2 and 4-3. At Terry's request, I had made a cherry pie. As I was pulling it from the oven, my hand slipped and the steaming hot cherry pie tipped and slid to the floor, cherries pooling on the sheet vinyl. Terry and 3-year-old TJ each grabbed forks and started eating the cherry pie off the floor.

Ah, those germs just strengthen your immune system, right?

No comments: