Thursday, May 03, 2007

Home At Last

I'm in Youngstown now. As I stood at the sink after breakfast doing the dishes, cleaning up the kitchen so Jaci could spend time doing other things, I realized I felt at home, at peace. Happy. Happy! When's the last time I was able to say that?

For three to six months now, I've been in turmoil—the turmoil of preparing for Tyler and Jaci's departure, followed by the turmoil of trying to figure out what I am going to do next. I've blogged about feeling empty, feeling lost, feeling like I was in limbo. Now, when I'm back with them, I feel settled, grounded, happy. Happy!

Jaci and I drove around for half an hour this morning after dropping Boston to school; she pointed out this house and that house that they think might work for me. Then while Jaci got her hair done and I killed time with Riah before going to pick up Boston from school, I drove around a little more.

This afternoon I called the YSU Director of Development to remind her I was in town if she felt my résumé looked like a fit for their posting for a development officer.

It suddenly occurred to me that if I get an interview out of that call, this trip is probably deductible! Of course I'm in favor of any and all deductions!

No comments: