Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A First!

Today I applied for tech writer and database consultant positions at Hyland Software on the west side of Cleveland. Imagine my surprise, while navigating the online application form, to be presented with a page asking me to compose an original poem about my job. Jeez!

So with my haiku blog experience last year, I came up with this.

A Web Content Developer's Haiku

Compelling content
Brings visitors to our site
To study and learn.

Excellent products,
Leading edge technology
Plus my thoughtful words.

My goal? To convert
Visitors into buyers
For IBM's gain.


Of course, once I hit "Submit" I had the terrible sense that I had not met their minimum requirements. Dare I hope they think I'm clever enough that I didn't need to meet the minimum requirements?!

Oh help.

No comments: