Wednesday, May 09, 2007

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished, er, Unnoticed

I was recently nominated for the Evelyn Peters Kyle Angel Award in Alumnae Region Six of Pi Beta Phi, in which there are 41 alum clubs.

This award is presented to an individual alumna who has served her alumnae club by performing those duties that often go unrecognized but serve to enhance the success of an alumnae organization. These awards are presented in honor of Evelyn Peters Kyle, an outstanding leader of the Pi Beta Phi Fraternity who has given over 75 years of service and leadership to the Fraternity.

I was notified last night by the president of our club that, although I didn't win, I was awarded one of two Honorable Mentions among the nominees.

I prefer to work behind the scenes and require no acknowledgement. But acknowledgement is always nice, as is this Honorable Mention for my work.

No comments: