Sunday, July 16, 2006

Men of Courage

Mr. Match and I went to a local bar last night to hear a band play. The oh-so-talented drummer is a colleague of his from work. Several of Mr. Match's colleagues were present at this very fun evening.

Now let me set this up for you: Mr. Match and I have been dating for only 17 days (although it feels like much longer in a very good sort of way), and he was willing to introduce me to these people he works with every day. Do you even know how unusual that is? Trust me — she who has been around the block a few times can avowedly tell you that's unusual. I assert that it takes great courage to introduce the new-girl-in-your-life to the people in your work-life, no matter how old the relationship is.

And he held my hand in front of these people. And he leaned over and whispered (okay, yelled - the music was loud) in my ear that I looked fabulous.

How many synonyms for Keeper are there?

P.S. If you ever get an opportunity to hear the band East2West, grab it!

No comments: