Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Winking Good Time

A couple of days ago I mentioned that Mr. Match (who, BTW, reminds me of Mr. Big in looks, words, and general demeanor -- okay the good parts of Mr. Big; I've seen no bad parts in Mr. Match so far) had told me about all the winks he's getting and how he feels the need to explore them all before settling down. This morning I awoke to e-mails from best male friend 1,800 miles to the north and dearest high school male friend, 1,800 miles to the east. Last night there was an e-mail from a Match interest 2,600 miles to the northeast.

It occurs to me that maybe Mr. Match's thoughts of sampling ain't all bad. I have no intention of running off 1,800 or more miles in any direction, but at my advancing age (geez, how did this happen?!), I am enjoying the attention, the varied nature and conversations of these various relationships, the self-examination I practice when corresponding with these men. Just as Mr. Right doesn't want to get "trapped" in a r'ship where he has to account for all actions and words (he doesn't know me well enough yet if he thinks that's how I operate), I don't want to be in a position where I have to or need to stop any of these treasured communications with old friends.

Just as I feel Mr. Match shouldn't be threatened by these communications, maybe I shouldn't be threatened by his sifting through "all the fish in the net". He did say to me that actions speak louder than words, and he spends most every evening in my company, so there you go.

No comments: