Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ten Million Minutes

Jim in PA and I are talking back and forth about all the factors in making a decision such as is ahead of me. One thing he said that really smacked me upside the head was this:

As to staying out west though, I will give you some more to think about. You are going to be alive about 10 million more minutes. How many of them will be special to "you" and what would make them special. I don't regret moving to the mountains even though things didn't work as planned. And it hasn't been for "large" reasons but rather simple ones. I got to watch a purple flower last fall that lasted a month beyond the other ones. I had the time to just go out and look at it and how beautiful it was.

If I put off being near the children now just for the purpose of living somewhere where I can make a bucket of money and then something happens and I'm gone in two years without having been able to babysit for Ty and Jaci to have date night, or having been able to go to the park with the kids or teach them to play real (as opposed to virtual) solitaire, then my life would have been less full, less meaningful.

I've had some "friends" here say I have a good life here, should just get a life here. But I had a life and it moved to Ohio and I miss it.

Interesting serendipities are occurring daily around me that all seem to point to Ohio.

I want to use all my minutes wisely.

No comments: