Monday, March 12, 2007

An Honest Man

Y'know how I've complained repeatedly about the men who say "I want one woman . . .; I want that last woman . . .; I want one last relationship . . ." but who, in reality, want hot and cold running women?

I hadn't been feeling well today, so treated myself to my favorite salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden. As always, I sat down at the bar with a book (ho hum, a book on Second Life). I was seated next to a fine-looking probably 65-70yo man. He turned to me and asked if there was a shopping center nearby. Shortly I put my book away and we started chatting. He paid his bill, then sat there and ordered dessert. (Clever, this one.) We continued talking until I was finished with my dinner, at which time he insisted on paying for my dinner. We exchanged cards as we parted, as he is frequently in Tucson on business.

<Sidebar on>
It's frightening how much this man reminds me of Mr. Match, who is a retired pilot from south Florida. This gentleman is a pilot who started and then sold three airlines based out of south Florida. There were many mannerisms, many patterns of speech, and word choices that just astonished me as being so much like Mr. Match. Interesting.
<Sidebar off>

He was talking about having lived in London from 1995 through 2005. When his work moved him to London, his wife refused to relocate from South Florida to London. (I'd make that move in a heartbeat!) Anyway, he said quite frankly that since then he's just enjoyed playing the field.

What a refreshing situation — a man who admits that he plays the field and enjoys it and isn't looking for just one woman, for his ultimate woman.

He could give lessons in sincerity and truth-telling!

No comments: