Friday, March 02, 2007

Spontaneous? No, Impulsive!

I like to think of myself as a spontaneous person. When I was in high school, my best friend Gail and I would hop in the car and run off to Daytona Beach for the afternoon. There are many, many more examples of spontaneity in my life, but right now their memory is eluding me.

But my boys have indicated that what I almost did this morning was impulsive rather than spontaneous. I think Tyler even used the word "rash".

You see, I almost bought tickets this morning to take the red-eye tomorrow night to arrive in Pittsburgh Sunday morning and then depart Pittsburgh on Monday morning to come back home. (To quote Frank: "it's only money".) I need a grandbaby fix! And Ty and Jaci are having a hard time getting settled into the house. So I thought I could help unpack or at least watch the babies while Ty and Jaci unpack. But most of all I could get hugs and read stories and have Boston read to me. And see where they're living so I can go there in my mind when I get too lonely.

Oh well, wiser minds prevailed. I'll put the trip off. Unfortunately, the next opening in my calendar is not until late April.

At least I had an hour this morning to think about the possibility of a trip and lift my sadness.

P.S. Thanks, TJ, for helping me with words this morning. I never can remember if it's my eyes or my memory that I miss the most.

3 comments:

TJ said...

See, I would've done it. Not because it was a good idea, but because it would've made for a kickass story. Like the time I got my picture taken with the Stanley Cup.

jc said...

Honey, I think the only thing that would have made the story kickass was a snowstorm stranding me someplace. (The flight went through Newark!)

jc said...

Oh, and that "honey" was said in my best Southern drawl, not because you're my son!