Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oops! Thursday

My Oops! today is an almost-Oops! If you follow me on the various social media, you know this is hell week. I've been in chorus rehearsals in Akron everey night until 9:30 or 10:00. Last night I turned into my driveway at 11:00 p.m.

Today I'm meeting my old boss for lunch, then another late rehearsal tonight. Tomorrow we have our final AkronReads event with the kids at Judith Resnick school, and I've ordered books from Amazon as gifts for my two tutees. Tomorrow night we have dress rehearsal for the Brahms German Requiem, in preparation for our Saturday night performance.

As you can imagine, I'm exhausted. Somewhere between last night and this morning, I decided to get a hotel room in Akron tonight. This morning I was packing my overnight bag and opening the computer to go to the Marriott Rewards site and reserve a room.

All of a sudden it hit me—the books from Amazon had not arrived. I have to drive back to Youngstown tonight to pick up the gift books, then do my normal drive back to Akron in the morning for work.

The good part of this averted-Oops!? At least I remembered this fact this morning, not as I was slipping between the sheets in the Akron Marriott COurtyard at 10:15 tonight!

No comments: