Saturday, April 18, 2009

On Our Way to River City

My sewing room clock is ticking very loudly. I need to get Boston's and Ridley's costumes for "The Music Man" finished as soon as possible, to allow time for any adjustments that need to be made.

Jaci found a pattern she loved, but it only was available in size 4, and Ridley is a size 7. So I've made a test dress first. I will use the pattern pieces from this dress to alter the size 4 pattern to come up with the "real" dress.

First there's an outer dress, with pearl buttons at the closure and decorating the pockets. A ½" tie snugs the dress around the waist of our little darling.

The underdress is a simple sleeveless dress with a sweet ruffle on the hem.

When Ridley puts on the underdress and then the outerdress, this is what you'll see. The sweet little ruffle peaking out of the outerdress.

The color did not show up clearly in these photos. Here's the real color of the outerdress.

1 comment:

Jan Crews said...

I forgot to tell you her comment when she tried on the almost-finished dress for me on Friday night. She said, "I can wear this to my birthday party." Translation: she loves it! [Grandma smiles.]