Sunday, July 01, 2007

Life: Full Speed Ahead

My twenty-four hour period of constant remembering is over for another year. And I made my annual trek to a jewelry store to buy myself a little treat in his honor. (You remember in your way; I'll remember in mine!)

Turquoise Door is having a going-out-of-business sale and I got a darling bracelet, crocheted from thin gold wire with green gemstones and pearls. And a matching pair of little green heart earrings.

(Just tried to photograph them for you, as words can't aptly describe. But lack of adequate lighting also doesn't enhance the image, so you'll have to trust me. The pearls that look kind of beigy or gold are really regular pearls. And the little hearts really are green. But won't they be great with a black dress for playing the piano at Raz?)



Now, on moving ahead. I just want to say this about the Professor: He is fun and funny and his humorous e-mails make me laugh. And yes, I'm cooking dinner for him tonight. Eeek. I have one dish I can prepare well. He'll have to either like it a lot or be willing to be subjected to experimentation on subsequent my-home-cooked meals. That's assuming he wants to come back for more after tonight. I'm hoping.

And to close, a quote from the character Marin Frist in the pilot of "Men in Trees," which I'm watching this morning as I clean off TiVo and clean the house:

You can't always get the one you want. And sometimes the one you get may not be the right one at all. But if you have hope, the universe has a funny way of showing you exactly what you need. The challenge is to let yourself be alone until the right one shows up.

No comments: