Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back to Square One

My life for the past year has been a roller coaster. I've stated here before that I don't like roller coasters. About the riskiest I can get is the carousel I rode on the Mall with Riah, Boston and Tyler last week.

So today, after about two months of thinking I would live here three weeks of each month and in Youngstown one week, I'm again job-hunting. But in the interim I met Someone Wonderful. Someone who seems, after a month of dates and e-mails and phone conversations, to be wonderfully if not perfectly suited to me. Someone with whom I really believe I could have a future, a life again. Love in my life again.

So I skim Monster and CareerBuilder and Vindy.jobs and everyplace else I can think of to see what jobs are available, but my heart isn't in it. It's hard to get excited about an unknown job in an unknown city where I would have to commute an hour each way every day, or have two homes—an apartment in Cleveland or Pittsburgh and a home in Youngstown. Wait, I already have two homes.

You're tired of hearing this discourse. I'm tired of living it.

How much longer must I be patient?

No comments: