Monday, July 09, 2007

Gutsy Moves

Yesterday's day at Camp Professor in the Foothills turned into twelve hours in heaven. It was the kind of day I needed: relaxed; quiet and musical; someone to talk to when I wanted to talk, silence when I needed silence.

We sat on the floor and ate berries and croissants; we had a photo shoot for my Raz gig; we sat in adjacent easy chairs with our laptops and shared an ottoman; we sat together on the piano bench and compared harmonic progressions; we stood on the couch to peek through the window at the quail; we laid on the floor and shared life stories. It was a perfect day.

The thing that struck me as the day wore on without either of us getting bored with or tired of the other was how gutsy it was to plan the date with no time-certain for it to conclude. I arrived at 9:45 in the morning; I left at 9:45 at night.

It was a pretty darned good 5th date.

No comments: