Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lake Wobegon in the Old Pueblo

I received a text from my dear friend, Jill, last night. She was at the dress rehearsal for tonight's Prairie Home Companion live broadcast from Tucson. As an event planner for Arizona Public Media/KUAT/KUAZ in Tucson, Jill gets to meet interesting people and throw fabulous parties. And she's an absolute diva at throwing fabulous parties.

I'm sure, with Jill driving the bus, the PHC broadcast tonight will come off without a hitch.

The picture above? My Tucson Friday night Girls-Night-Out group. On my left is Jill, then Debi and Mary. Seated below are Susan and Kris, by whose pool we are posed. They're the best friends a woman could ask for, and I miss them more frequently than just every first-Friday of the month.

(By the way, if you're in the Northeast of Ohio or of the U.S., and you're freezing your butt off today, that picture was taken in the winter in Tucson. Notice how we're dressed. Debi is in a cotton blouse. No sweaters. No coats. Heaven!!!)

No comments: